5 fast tricks to get rid of dark undereye circles and crows feet
Frustrating signs of eye aging, like fine lines or dark circles, can have many causes – like UV damage, dehydration, lack of sleep, or even genetics. But whether you're just starting to see fine lines creeping in, or feel like you've been fighting a losing eye aging battle for years, one thing is for sure: you want them gone, and quickly. Here are the 5 tips we recommend to anyone looking for fast results – like an instant eye area makeover!
1. EXFOLIATE. Yes, you read that correctly! Even your delicate eye area needs exfoliation. Dull, dead skin cells can emphasize the appearance of fine lines. For your eye area, that means developing a tired, crepey appearance that adds years to the appearance of your skin. Exfoliating instantly removes the top layer of excess skin cells, drives cell turnover, and allows the products that follow to penetrate the skin even deeper. But don't just reach for the nearest scrub! Avoid over-stimulation and irritation, and look for a gentle eye exfoliant specifically formulated to target fine lines, wrinkles, and dryness. Incorporate it into your nighttime skin care agenda 2-3 times a week to boost the efficiency of the rest of your eye products.
2. REPLENISH.I've talked before about the damage dehydration can do to your skin. But before you blame the crows feet on your daily water intake, consider another cause: your skin isn't dehydrated, it's dry. The skin around your eyes is the thinnest on your body, and has few oil glands to produce a protective hydrolipidic barrier. Without it, your skin is vulnerable to sensitivity, stinging, itching, or flaking. Replenish the lipids your eye area needs with a multi-tasking eye crème designed to smooth, strengthen, and reduce dark circles. Applying it during your morning skin care routine will not only perk up your eye area, but also help your concealer glide on and stay put throughout the day.
3. PROTECT. The easiest way to eliminate signs of eye aging is to avoid them altogether! Always remember to wear sunglasses that completely cover your lids and under eyes to give them another line of defense against skin-damaging, wrinkle-causing UV radiation. Shades will also help prevent repetitive squinting – a reflex that will only reinforce the formation of fine lines and wrinkles with age.
4. TARGET. While sleep might be one of the best dark circle treatments there is, fitting in a full 8 hours every night isn't always an option. While you sleep, your skin is working its hardest to repair the day's damage. Make it work overtime (so you don't have to) with an anti-aging eye cream like Sleepwear for Eyes that works while you sleep to target crows feet and smooth surface lines, so you wake up bright-eyed!
5. LIFT. No – I'm not talking about cosmetic surgery! Bioelements has professional-use-only formulas that are gentle, yet powerful enough to provide exfoliation that will smooth and brighten your eye area in just 30 minutes. You can find them exclusively in Bioelements Spas across the country. Book an appointment with your esthetician to experience instant eye area results